How to get in touch with us in the UK
If you think you have something special to offer us , please email your CV with a covering letter explaining why for the attention of Sue Armitage. If you are a recruitment agent, please email Sue in the first instance.
Business Development Executive (Lead Generation/Demand Generation)
Are you expert in generating sales opportunities and hungry for success? To drive business growth, we are looking for a Business Development Executive to generate new sales opportunities for the field sales team. In return we offer a competitive base salary, uncapped commission plan, plus a comprehensive benefits package with a company that is making a noise in the software marketplace.
The position requires you to engage IT and business decision makers to uncover their needs, position Original Software as a credible solution, and transition sales ready opportunities to the field sales team. The role would suit an experienced prospector, a former field sales person, or an individual looking to develop into a field sales role. Candidates with experience in enterprise software are preferred.
- Generate new business opportunities through high volume outbound prospecting
- Qualify prospects against established criteria, and pass opportunities to field sales
- Follow up on marketing leads and inbound enquiries
- Initiate own activities within ‘best fit’ target accounts and existing customers
- Maintain and update an accurate log of activity in the CRM system
- Prospecting at events, such as trade shows
- Input into marketing programs and feed back on quality of leads received from marketing
- Receive lapsed leads from sales and reactivate
- Engage with prospects to build a value proposition specific to the prospect
- Develop a talk track to uncover business drivers, quantify challenges, create dissatisfaction with the status quo if necessary, and position OS as a compelling solution
- Perform contact and account research prior to calls
- Articulate a valuable premise for every call
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication
- Prioritise workload and manage a pipeline
- Maintain high volume outbound activity
- Use social media to learn about and engage target accounts and prospects
- Microsoft Office, CRM, Leadlander, LinkedIn, OneSource
- Minimum 3 years prospecting for sales opportunities (complex, consultative sales cycles), preferably within enterprise software and associated professional services
- Educated to degree level, with further business or marketing related qualifications and/or experience
- Knowledge of application life cycle management or application quality management would be valuable
- Experience within the retail and financial services sectors would be beneficial
- Natural curiosity and a desire to interact with prospects
- Comfortable engaging with decision makers
- Self-starter with high energy, creativity and ability to improvise
- Skilled at problem solving
- Collaborative team member
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Business Development, this position is based in our offices in Chineham, Basingstoke.
Competitive Base salary according to experience, uncapped commission plan and benefits.
Please email your CV with a cover letter for the attention of, Sue Armitage
Original Software is an equal opportunity employer.