How to get in touch with us in the UK
If you think you have something special to offer us , please email your CV with a covering letter explaining why for the attention of Sue Armitage. If you are a recruitment agent, please email Sue in the first instance.
Fancy joining an organisation where QA is king?
Original Software is a market leader in Application Quality Management software recognized by some of the most influential independent software quality analyst firms covering the application development lifecycle space. We help customers make software quality a business imperative.
Due to the increased demand for our product set we are looking to add to our Product Management team. If you are looking for a career move for the long term, where you can grow and develop your skills within a global team of technical excellence then read on.
As a Quality Assurance Specialist for Original Software, you will help ensure that our software solutions meet the highest possible standards.
• Work in a highly collaborative environment to ensure the products meet requirements
• Plan, design, document and execute test procedures for new features and products, while constantly being aware of regression impact
• Upgrade and performance testing
• Log defects and work closely with developers to investigate, troubleshoot and verify fixes
• Accurately evaluate the time and effort needed to perform your work
• Effectively communicate testing activities and results in oral and written formats
• Recommend improvements to the validation strategy
• Assist the support team when required to resolve escalated customer issues
• Participate in product design and requirements reviews
• Follow company and industry best practices, and contribute to the improvement of the software testing processes
Experience and Skill Requirements
• Ideally educated to degree level in computer science, engineering or QA, or possess proof of further education in a relevant field
• 2 years prior experience in a QA role
• Knowledge and experience in functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing and browser compatibility testing
• Experience of working with Oracle, SQL Server and DB2 databases
• Experienced with manual and automated testing tools, in particular those from Original Software
• Excellent written and communications skills
• Analytical thinking and strong problem solving skills
• Autonomous and capacity to work well in a team
• Comfortable working in a rapidly moving, sometimes highly pressured environment
• Customer focused with a desire to deliver the best service possible
Reporting to the Head of Product Management, this is a new position in response to the growing demand for our product set. This position is based in our UK headquarters at Chineham near Basingstoke. We offer a competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits package including pension, healthcare, life insurance, childcare vouchers bike schemes etc..
Interested ? Then please email your CV with a cover letter for the attention of, Sue Armitage