Original Software is a market leader in Software Testing and Quality Management solutions. We have been recognized by the most influential independent software quality analyst firms covering the application development lifecycle space.
We forge strong partnerships with our customers and work to ensure our solutions are a success within their businesses, generating ROI in weeks not months. Some of our clients do not have the resources needed to successfully develop a suite of test automation assets and we now want to offer test automation services within our Customer Success team.
By joining the Customer Success team, you will be among a group of very driven high achievers who go ‘above and beyond. Every individual in our business makes a difference and is expected to produce a high volume of quality work.
As an Automation Specialist for Original Software, you will be in direct contact with clients helping them to kick start and deliver towards their test automation goals. This entails understanding the application under test, developing the test automation assets, and communicating with the customer to address roadblocks and keep them appraised of progress.
When not attached to the project you will operate as a member of the Customer Success team, supporting our clients, and helping to define best practices for test automation.
The role will suit someone who wants to extend their automation experience but is not fascinated by code. Our products are code-free and designed for use by business users, but they still require a logical approach and the ability to build resilient assets. You will love the flexibility of a challenging environment and working on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. You will be articulate and comfortable talking directly with clients.
This will suit an initiative-taking individual who is flexible in their working approach on a day-to-day basis. No two days will necessarily be the same.
- Work in conjunction with the head of the Customer Success team and our clients to review and agree objectives
- Rapidly assimilate the application under test
- Develop and test the automation assets
- Accurately evaluate the time and effort needed to perform your work
- Effectively communicate activities and results in oral and written formats
- Assist the support team when required to resolve escalated customer issues
- Follow company and industry best practices, and contribute to the improvement of the software testing processes
Experience and Skill Requirements
Technically minded you need to be articulate with excellent written skills.
In addition, you will have
- 2 years prior experience in a testing environment.
- Knowledge and experience in functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, UAT testing and browser compatibility testing
- A strong recall for previous subjects learned and issues raised
- Knowledge and experience testing on cloud-based platforms.
- Experience with automated testing will be an advantage but, otherwise a demonstrable willingness to learn this skill set.
- Analytical thinking and strong critical thinking skills
- Project management experience
You are organized by nature and:
- Autonomous yet have the capacity to work well in a team
- Articulate and able to communicate well both internally and externally with clients.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly moving, sometimes highly pressured environment
- Client-driven with a desire to deliver the best service possible
- Able to cope with the more technical nature of applications under test and tools used
Reporting to the Head of Customer Success, the role will be based remotely with occasional meetups in the south of England.
Competitive base salary, plus benefits (healthcare, company pension scheme, life assurance)
We have a unique approach to software testing with great products and are highly regarded in the marketplace by customers and analysts alike.
Original Software is going places. We already have over 500 customers worldwide supported by our teams in the USA and UK, but that’s not enough. We want to expand further and make our unique and impressive software testing solutions the worldwide standard. What we do, nobody else does or can do, a fact reflected in some of our patents and the plaudits we receive from customers about their successes with our solutions.
When a company chooses to invest or extend its investment with us, it is a tribute to every staff member. Creating and delivering quality solutions that redefine people’s expectations takes every member of every team to contribute fully, and our company structure reflects that.
For more information about Original Software visit our website at www.origsoft.com.
Apply in the first instance to email@example.com